Things have been a bit quiet recently because inexplicably, the people who pay me actually want me to do stuff!
Part of that stuff will have me at a loose end in Hamburg on the weekend of 11th and 12th June. So if anyone has any suggestions about things to do in Hamburg, I'd be grateful for some tips.
Meanwhile, normal service will be resumed as soon as possible
The planetarium there is worth a visit. It's one of the largest in Europe.ReplyDelete
Of course the fish market as well.
Depends a bit on what you like to do.ReplyDelete
1. Do you want to see the tourist sights?
2. Are you more into cultural things, e.g. museums?
3. Or do you prefer a leisurely stroll in a park?
1. There's a conducted tour in English from Rathausmarkt at 11am.
You might be interested in Hamburg's biggest antiques and flea market. Neuer Kamp 30, 20357 Hamburg
2. You might wish to visit the Zoologisches Museum. They also do dinosaurs. Open Saturdays 9 - 12 am. Martin-Luther-King Platz 3
3. Walking around the Alster, the lake in the middle of Hamburg is always nice. You can even rent a small sailing boat if you're into that kind of thing.
You might also enjoy going to "Planten and Bloomen", another park incl. a greenhouse with tropical plants.
They do an outside water works display with colored lights and music every evening at 10 pm.
I hope you did not partake in the fresh vegetables while there :-<ReplyDelete